Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Environment Friendly


It was March 11, 2010 when we had our tree planting activity at the Davao Crocodile Park particularly at the riverview area, somebody says "Your are just wasting your money" other says "You cannot save the mother earth by doing such!"but no matter what they say my section believes that in this simple way we can help to save our dying nature and by simply planting narra trees we have contributed a lot to save our mother earth. At that time i saw one of my classmate emotionally planted one narra tree, she's its about 2meters away from me perhaps, after she planted the seedlings she told me "Now, I know why it's hot!". With that question, I feel happy, not because it's hot obviously, happy in the sense that one of my classmate reflects and have responded to the call of nature, since she have questioned not only me but her self also perhaps,and maybe because of this simple activity she's encourage to do so. The feeling such that... Actually I was the one who organized this worthy activity. I was the one who made the communications (e.g. letters, personal conversations,etc...) despite of my hectic schedule due to many involvements in school. After I have completely arranged the venue, the seeds to be used, and everything. I schedule the tree planting activity on Saturday March 6, 2010, 8:30 A.M. at Davao Crocodile Park, everybody was excited, but here comes the flaw, I was not able to pick-up the seedlings (100 pcs. of narra seeds) because I need to go to Bukidnon with Ma'am Decolongon to visit Bukidnon National High School as they will have their Leadership Training, while I was in the bus I informed our adviser that I will not be around today because of this..blah..blah..blah.. through text message (SMS), as we arrived at Bukidnon, I was thinking that I can go back to school not later than 4:00 in the afternoon. After the training, we are now going back to school but its already 2:30 in the afternoon and were still waiting for a bus bound to Davao and to think it takes 2 to 4 hours of travel, I am so worried, so what I did is I texted one of my classmate whom I trusted to take charge of picking up the seedlings, I give him the instructions on how and what to do, and a few minutes here comes the bus, while I was in the bus, I keep on waiting for their replies but no one did, and as we arrived in Davao its already late, its already pass 6pm offices are close, and they were not able to fetch the seedlings at the City Environment and Natural Resources Office, I was so disappointed with what happened,but Although at the first attempt we we're not able to have the tree planting activity and I was disappointed with mixed feelings (angry, disappointment, disenchanted, and all). I instill in my mind that these are the hindrances, so what I did I rescheduled it to March 11, 2010 and finally we're come in action, we planted 100 narra trees in one day, this activity aims not only to respond to the call of environment but also to form camaraderie among others this maybe our last time to have bonding, and this will be a legacy that we will leave in our section. 

SUI GENERIS AB INITIO 
AD INFINITUM IV Laurel!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment